Welcome to the UTM Chapter of Connections & Conversations!
Connections and Conversations is a staff-driven initiative that offers discussions and a support network for racialized staff. The focus is to create an open and empowering environment for staff to celebrate their accomplishments and contribute their unique ideas and talents to the University through networking, mentoring and other activities, with local chapters on all three campuses.
UTM’s local group meets on the last Thursday of every month in order to learn from speakers, discuss current events and trends or plan future initiatives to help further our goals. If you would like to join our listserv, simply click here and send the email that loads.
Tomike Babajide Community Engagement Coordinator, Access and Outreach, Centre for Student Engagement
Jermaine Ingram Multimedia & Classroom Technology Specialist, Information & Instructional Technology Service
Martin Kengo Community Engagement Coordinator, Access and Outreach, Centre for Student Engagement
Rachel Kulick Curriculum Support Officer, Undergraduate Programs
Rebeca Mahadeo Student Development Coordinator, Intercultural Programs, International Education Centre
Ferzeen Sammy Undergraduate Student Advisor, Department of Economics
Stephanie Santos Receptionist & Administrative Assistant, Department of Language Studies
Ramya Uthayakumar Professional Development & Career Strategist, Department of Management
- Friday, September 27, 2019 from 11:30-1 pm in MN5128 – Welcome (Back) Luncheon RSVP
- Thursday, October 31, 2019 from 12-1 pm in DV 3130
- Thursday, November 21, 2019 from 12-1 pm in UTM Room (DV 3141)
- Thursday, November 28, 2019 from 12-1 pm in DV Spigel Hall
- Thursday, January 30, 2020 from 11:30-1:30 pm in DV Spigel Hall – Workshop: Healing from Workplace Race-Based Related Stress
- Thursday, February 27, 2020 from 12-1 pm in NE 5128
- Thursday, March 26, 2020 from 12-1 pm in CC 3000
- Thursday, April 30, 2020 from 12-1 pm in NE 6128
- Thursday, May 28, 2020 from 12-1 pm in DV 3138
- Thursday, June 25, 2020 from 12-1 pm in DH 4009